Wrapping Up Week 27 (2015-16)
The one subject we did get to was science. I was battling a sore throat, so I had the boys switch off reading the “Beginners” sections up through lesson 10 in Our Planet Earth (from God’s Design for Heaven and Earth). It ended up leading to some good discussion between the three of us, so I think I might do that more often. Then I let them watch three episodes of Bill Nye the Science Guy: “Outer Space,” “Comets & Meteors,” and “The Planets.”
The boys (and Daddy) had a great time at the First Flight field trip sponsored by the Mighty Ducks hockey team. They learned a lot about electricity and had a blast exploring the different exhibits and watching the demonstration on the ice.
Our other field trip was to a restaurant, California Pizza Kitchen, with a group of homeschool friends. The kids got to tour the kitchen and make their own pizzas, and it was definitely a hit. It’s one of those things I would never have thought to arrange, but I’m so thankful for the community with which God has surrounded us. Having other moms around who come up with fun ideas broadens our horizons.
We’ve got a lot on our plate right now! Watch for these reviews in the next few weeks:
- The Dragon and the Raven from Heirloom Audio Productions
- Math-U-See – Primer level with Digital Pack
- Owlegories: The Ant, The Fruit, The Butterfly
- Essentials 2nd Edition (Multi-level reading, spelling, grammar, and vocabulary
from Logic of English)
- TimesTales (videos teaching the multiplication table)
- Stopmotion Explosion Animation Kit
- Plug n’ Play Hub by Securly (helping provide safe wifi for kids)